A vocabulary acquisition program for Arabic language learners. Originally developed in cooperation with the American University in Cairo Press in 2005, now to be released in 2017 as a fully updated version. We developed the app from start to finish, including design, coding, and content development.
Arabic Vocab Clinic is built around the concept that learners can acquire vocabulary more effectively when they interact with it on multiple levels. This cognitive processing leads to a much higher retention level for both passive and active vocabulary.
Key features of Arabic Vocab Clinic include:
- Learner-centered approach to vocabulary
- High quality recordings by native speakers of Arabic
- Voice-recording and comparing to native speaker
- Ability to organize and categorize vocabulary
- Notes that highlight linguistic and cultural background for each item
- User notes and categories are synced between devices